Another Adena renowned church was the Methodist Church. The first church in the vicinity it was originally called the Holmes Church. It was built on land that was a government grant to Jacob Holmes who was an Indian Scout for the Government. It was the first church building erected west of the Ohio River of that denomination (in 1803) on the banks of Short Creek. In 1810, a new church was built one half mile from the first on higher ground. In 1829 an unfortunate division took place resulting in the building of a Methodist Protestant house one-mile away called, Rehobeth. The trustees agreed to build a new, more commodious house and completed in November of 1874, was Holmes Church (No.3). It cost $3200 and only a debt of $200 remained on dedication day. The amount was satisfied after that day. It closed in 1927. and was dismantled in the early '30s by Laszo Bonovich who operated a lumber yard at the West End of Adena across the creek from the site of Hagan's Mill. Prior to its destruction in 1901, a daughter of the Holmes Church was built. Recognizing a need for a new church, Rev. Holmes, and trustees built the Methodist Church of Adena. Built in 1902, on E. Main Street, the Adena United Methodist Church is active still today.
The Reverend Stanislaus Szadinski was the new pastor organized a staff of sisters from the Felician Order whose motherhouse was located in Coraopolis, PA. After being a pastor from only two months and re-opening the school, he was transferred to be replaced by Rev. Louis A. Phillips. He orchastrated a more modern catholic school in 1946 that included a spacious and well-supplied social areal for the parishioners that is housed in the basement of the school still known as Seton Hall. After serving seventeen years in the parish, he was transferred and replaced by Rev. Patrick K. Maher, on Setp. 22, 1952. Rev. Maher accomplished a new section of the St. Casimirs Cemetery in April of 1956, and purchased the Valentine property across the street from the church. The building was remodeled into a new convent for the Sisters. Work was completed in 1958, and the convent still remains there today. Rev. Edward Kakascik was appointed administrator that year and instituted building funds for a new church and rectory in 1964. In August of 1968, the cornerstone of the new church was blessed and Sunday Mass was offered. on April 29, 1969, the new church was dedicated. From that day forward, dramatic drops in scholastic enrollment occurred. Rev. Francis J. Baudo replaced Fr. Kakascik on April 9, 1973. By December 30, 1978, Fr. Baudo received word from the Provincial Superior of the Felician Sisters that they could no longer continue to staff the St. Casimir School; hence their ministry as religious educators. The sisters withdrew from Adena and Dillonvale Catholic Schools.
Rev. Bernard Bober as assigned to the parish, and later in 1985, so became Msgr. John Kolesar who still remains. Although due to the closing of Catholic Schools, the school is currently being used as the JCCAC Adena Head Start. Religion classes are held in the evenings of the school and Seton hall is still regarded as the church's social hall.
"To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it." --Mother Teresa